RE: FW: SWIMMING HADROSAURS

Paul said:

>The hind legs of crocs are splayed out to the sides of the anumal
>while slow swimming and act as stabalisers. They have no propulsive
>function and any "wiggles" are a result of movements from the
>tail. In fast pursuit mode, the hindlegs are tucked in against the
>body.

in both cases, the tail is the muscle group doing the work, and movement
of the legs are secondary.  In the case of the fast-swimming croc, the
legs are held along the body and tail.  These are indeed what I was
trying to say.  Sorry if it wasn't clear.   A hadrosaur walking would
then have (the correct term-NOT wiggles) secondary motion in the tail.

 -Betty