Regarding birds and Dinosaurs

Hi, folks!

I'm relatively new to the list, and I have a question from one of my students
that I can't answer.

What ever happened to Sankar Chattergee and his discovery "Protoavis"?  I can
find no information beyond the fact that he thought it to be a bird much
older than Archaeopteryx.  I can't find anything about his final findings.
 Everything indicates that he is "in the process" of writing up his findings,
but this has been going on for years.  Anything else that I can't find?

Thanks for your help!

Regards,

Walt, the science teacher

"Say it with flowers.... Send a Triffid."