Tyrannosaurus arms

OK, I've been out of the Paleontological picture for a while.  Whatever
happened to the idea that Tyrannosurus used its arms to lever itself up
from a resting position?  Not that they could not also have been used to
protect itself from a fall; after all in an emergency, you use what's
available.  Extending the arms during a fall is done because it helps
lengthen the impact time (remember, it is IMPULSE and not mere FORCE or
PRESSURE which determines injury).

I'm so paranoid, even you think you're out to get me.