Camouflage

Betty (I think) wrote:

>  Actually crocs near the shore would more likely be spotted by the taller
> T rex as they lose their camoflage abilities when viewed from above (like
> in croc pits at zoos),

If either croc predators or croc prey are capable of viewing the crocs from
above, selection pressure will produce cryptic coloration pretty darn
quick. We can't assume that, just because modern crocs are not well
"camouflaged" from above, that Cretaceous ones did not possess such
coloration. The more so if dinosaurs did in fact deal with polarized light
better than we mammals do; the crocs would be less able to hide under the
surface dazzle.

 Steve Jackson - yes, of SJ Games - yes, we won the Secret Service case
Learn Web or die - http://www.io.com/sjgames/ - dinosaurs, Lego, Kahlua!
          The heck with PGP keys; finger for Geek Code. Fnord.