Re: My apologies, but... physiology revisited

OK, I confess that I haven't been following this thread too closely, so my
following question may already have been answered.

Being Australia, three days ago I bought a copy of the December issue of
Discover. In the article _A cold, hard look at Dinosaurs_ Willem Hillenius
claims to have found evidence for RTs in birds back to 70 million years but
no earlier. Now if (big and contentious "if") RTs are a reliable indicator
of endothermy and if (second big, contentious "if") Hillenius's survey is
correct, this would imply that for at least half the evolution of the birds
they had feather but were not endothemic. Does this rattle any dags?

[ It seems to bug Nick :-) -- MR ]

Cheers, Paul

Dr Paul M.A. Willis
Consulting Vertebrate Palaeontologist