Low Frequencies

Della Wrote:

>Also, I have read in several
>places now that low frequencies travel greater distances than high
>frequencies.

Apparently  elephants use this form of communication for distances (I have
heard
quoted) of up  to 200 km.

Pigeons are supposed to be able to hgear very low frequencies as well, over
great distances. They are supposed, for example, to be able to "hear" weather
conditions in mountain ranges over which they must fly hundreds of kilometers
in
advance.

Sorry, I don't have references but I'm sure our more knowledgeable readers will
be able to give you some pointers.

martin