RE: Brachiosaurus & giraffes

(don't know who said it; my e-mail at work was set up by someone that
decided to cut all of that information out for all e-mail from outside
mailing lists.  I only know who sent something if you actually included
your name in the body of the message. I can't be the only one with this
primitive set-up, either)

>I understand that Brachiosaurus is the only (or one of the only)
sauropods
>with forelegs longer than hind legs.  The giraffe shares this feature.
 This
>leaves them both somewhat vulnerable when drinking water or feeding on
>shrubs.

Brachiosaurs have an advantage over giraffes in that their neck is longer
than the length of their front legs.  Giraffes have short necks,
comparably.

 -Betty