Gr. 9 Sc: Linings in Air Passages

To All:

It has finally hit me what some of you have been trying to tell me about the
effect of flesh linings in airways.  If I understand correctly, flesh both
reflects and transmits sound.  Therefore, a sound wave which strikes flesh
with bone underneath will produce two reflections: one from the flesh and
another from the bone.  These two reflections will be out of phase by an
amount which depends upon the thickness of the flesh layer.  If the wave
length is long in comparison to the thickness of the flesh, the difference
in phase will not be important.

Do I understand this correctly?

Thanks,

Della Drury