No STYRACOSAURUS/CHASMOSAURUS in Montana?

 Previously I had asked readers if anyone knew of bona fide CENTROSAURUS
material from Montana and this did not pan out. So I'll try other genera-
STYRACOSAURUS and CHASMOSAURUS. Does anyone know of real STYRACOSAURUS or
CHASMOSAURUS material from Montana? Gilmore described S. OVATUS, but his
type specimen seems referrable to one of Scott Sampsons material. Material
from Scott's bonebeds was called STYRACOSAURUS at first, but the
identifications changed with the collection of new, better material.
CHASMOSAURUS is well documented from Texas, but what about Montana? I heard
once that the type specimen of CERATOPS included frill material that was not
included in the original description, but that there were enough fragments
to indicate it was a CHASMOSAURUS. Anyone know more about this? We find it
curious that ceratopsians well represented in southern Alberta are not found
in neigboring Montana. Previous discussions of long North/South annual
migrations in ceratopsians may come into question here. We now posit that
the migrations may have been much shorter and in an East/West direction.

Darren Tanke
Technician, Dinosaur Research Program
Royal Tyrrell Museum of Palaeontology
Drumheller, Alberta, Canada

             and

Senior Editor on the:
Annotated Bibliography of Paleopathology, Dento-Osteopathy and Related Topics
11,037 citations as of Jan. 19, 1997.
Visit our homepage at: http://dns.magtech.ab.ca/dtanke
Can you help with this ongoing project? Email me at: dtanke@dns.magtech.ab.ca