NEW IGUANODON, NEW BRACHYCERATOPS

I've heard that Horner has some new material of _Brachyceratops_ from Montana,
something to do with nests and juveniles? If there's any truth to this, please
inform me.

Of the many interesting new finds announced in the JVP abstracts from _JVP_ 16
(3): 19-74 (thanks to Pete for this little lot!), James Kirkland includes the
name of a new _Iguanodon_ species: _I. ottingeri_ in 'Biogeography of western
North America's Mid-Cretaceous Dinosaur Faunas: losing European ties and the
first great Asian-North American interchange' _JVP_ 16: 45. This new species is
only mentioned, and characterised as a 'sail-backed iguanodontid'. As yet, I
haven't had time to check other sources for this name. Is it entirely new? And
what is known of it?

cf. _Polacanthus_, cf. _Ornitholestes_ n. gen. (_Nedcolbertia_?), _Utahraptor_
(still written with the species name _ostrommaysi_) and _Iguanodon ottingeri_
are found in the earliest part of the Cedar Mountain Fm. according to this
abstract. Nothing really new in the middle part, but in the upper part Kirkland
mentions 'a small nodosaur cf. _Texasites_ [sic - shouldn't it be _Texasetes_?],
a dromaeosaurid, cf. _Richardoestesia_ teeth, cf. _Paronychodon_ teeth, and
tyrannosaurid teeth' amongst other stuff. So there's a lot of cool stuff
happening here: maybe someone should write a novel about it (joke).

Returning to sail-backed iguanodontids, those of you with David Norman's 1989
_The Prehistoric World of the Dinosaur_ may note that he does actually discuss
_Gravisaurus_ in there (obviously without the name).

"I remain predicon despite our alliances"
or something like that.

DARREN NAISH