Up a tree with no feathers

Hello all,

I spent the weekend sitting up in a tree, well not the nights too, but much
too long in the cold wind. Just what the &#^^ has that to do with dinos?
Well it occured to me that any creature spending a majority of its time up
in the branches of a tree is much more susceptable to heat loss than an
earthbound counterpart. Creatures that venture up into trees occasionally,
such as myself, are even more at risk of fatal heat loss. How is this?
There are windbreaks everywhere on the forest floor, and this alone makes a
huge difference. This makes me wonder if the origions of insulatory
feathers came before the flight feathers just because there was an
immediate need. I'm not suggesting or speculating, but rather wondering if
the "substance" that is seen in the Chinese specimen is a little bit of
evidence that I may be on to something.

Is a perfect cladogram possible?

Is there anywhere on the web with photo(s) or illustration(s) of
dromeosaurid furcula(sp)? Are all the bones hollow in these dinosaurs?

Thanks,
Roger A. Stephenson