Various things...

        So as not to further inundate the list, I have placed a reformatted
version of my (illegible) previous Cope's Rule post on the Web.  I hope that
everyone who is interested in this debate will look there for a legible
account of why I think this what George is implying is malarky.
        The URL is:
                http://faraday.clas.virginia.edu/~jrw6f/cope.htm

        Also, I would like to give a hearty cheer to John Hutchinson for his
post on the topic Clade II.  I agree with several folks that both of these
discussions have kind of grown beyond the list.  If anyone wishes to
continue that discussion, I suggest that we step "outside", as Stan Freisen
is already doing.  If folks wish to go off-list, please keep me in the loop!
        Wagner