Re: NEW IGUANODON, NEW BRACHYCERATOPS

> From: Darren Naish <dwn194@soton.ac.uk>
> To: dinosaur@usc.edu
> Subject: NEW IGUANODON, NEW BRACHYCERATOPS
> Date: Tuesday, 28 January, 1997 9.14 AM
>
> Of the many interesting new finds announced in the JVP abstracts from
_JVP_ 16
> (3): 19-74 (thanks to Pete for this little lot!), James Kirkland includes
the
> name of a new _Iguanodon_ species: _I. ottingeri_ in 'Biogeography of
western
> North America's Mid-Cretaceous Dinosaur Faunas: losing European ties and
the
> first great Asian-North American interchange' _JVP_ 16: 45. This new
species is
> only mentioned, and characterised as a 'sail-backed iguanodontid'. As
yet, I
> haven't had time to check other sources for this name. Is it entirely
new? And
> what is known of it?

        No, _Iguanodon ottingeri_ was first used in Galton & jensen 1979
(Remains
of ornithopod dinosaurs from the Lower Cretaceous of North America, Brigham
Young University Geology Studies, 25(3):1-10).  Material consists of teeth
only.

-Mikiel

mQCNAzI5j2YAAAEEAMlZRiXtFfYB4Zs7g+sIPVH0OQaH3OIMjtPg9hbH3LfLcsfp
nG8I2oYyrSVWQhhptscc2z2ef8yvqJGyOG13gcxCMSqk8PGV35G0xGaCjcX3/1Sd
OFTMjcaV/hFytRPrM/J4BRsv0SyE/ouYfoa2RBKVq7Wmbl12n2o2Tkhy4cm9AAUT
tBtNaWtpZWwgPE1pa2llbEBnb29kbmV0LmNvbT4=
=Da8u