Insulat5ion & Tree dwellers

Bonnie Blackwell wrote:
& roger  wrote:

>I would like to add to roger's posting about needing insulation up a tree.

My understanding is that _forest_ and woodland habitats are usually slightly
_warmer_ than the areas outside, and that the temperatures are more _stable_
due
to the wind_breaking effect of the trees, and the canopy traps the air below
which warms up. That's why balloonists like to use forests to gain lift.

What you state is true of isolated trees, but until man came along trees tended

to grow in forests, I believe.

martin