Re: Get politics off the list

On Mon, 30 Jun 1997, T.A. Curtis wrote:

>      Folks, I know I'm not following my own advice here, and I'm not trying
> to start a thread.  I just need to say this. . .  Someone wrote:
>
> >Ours is a capitalist resistance; do better than us, join us... or get
> >out of our way.                                       -- THE RESISTER
> >      The Political Warfare Journal of the Special Forces Underground
>

>     This is a dinosaur mailing list.  I do not care to read your or anyone
> else's political BS on it, whether it's in a signature file or not.

Then do not read it and do not respond to it.

Try getting a life instead--and yes, this response was meant to go out to
all of you, because the most consistent bad trend I have seen here is the
intermittant but irritating whimpers about whether a discussion is on
topic or not. If you who do this would spend that energy on paleontology,
the field might be in much better shape than it is.

And I will not under any conditions delete my signature file, which
resides in my directory and thus accompanies me everywhere, just to be
able to post ON-TOPIC discussions to a mailing list. If this fact offends
that concrete-bound hall-monitor miasma that some of you might think of as
your sensibilities, then either you don't belong here, or I don't.

Because after all, I go everywhere _with_ a signature, but I came here to
_discuss_ paleontology. Perhaps we will see if such motivation is
compatible with this list, or perhaps I will simply remember that you do
not represent it or speak for it, and--

Oh hell, I don't have time to read all the messages here, much less to
respond to posts like yours. If some of you would rather discuss
ettiquette than paleontology, then form your own list with which to do it.

Leave the rest of us alone.

|If men are to be made submissive, the obstacle is not their feelings, |
|their wishes or their "instincts", but their minds; if men are to be  |
|ruled, then the enemy is reason.                          -- AYN RAND |