Re: The Summers Theory: The General Basics

Oh Brother! Your explanation clears up a lot real fast. This isn't the
first time this has happened. One of my middle school students, way back
when, doing an assignment for me, left a museum with the impression that she
had been with her father filming a documentary about the Nile forts in Egypt
( part of our class simulation ), and had happened upon the gold death mask
of Nefertiti in the ruins of Askut.Curators, figuring it was unlikely
that a middle school student could make up such a story ( after all, how
many people are there that know anything about Askut ? ) went nuts for an
entire weekend. Hers was a phone message that only Identified her as a
Brentwood Middle School student.Curators couldn't reach the school
until Monday. There was much excitment, even speculation
as to what an 18th Dynasty artifact was doing in an Old Kingdom fort.In
the end, curators were very disappointed and we all had a good laugh.

The summer's theory smacked of Daniken. Your girl did a pretty good job
of snowing me. She is to be congratulated. Please feel free to forward
this message to her. Teachers like me love to get creative kids like
her.There are just too few around!

Stephen Faust                   smfaust@edisto.cofc.edu