Re: Archaeopteryx or Velociraptor (I'm back...)...

In a message dated 97-07-03 23:22:16 EDT, enrique@sn.no (DinosØMP) writes:

<< I'm finally back from vacations, I know I have missed a big arguing!! But
 I have a question for you dino-guys!
 Does birds come from Archaeopteryx or late evolved small Dromaeosaurids,
 like Velociraptor?!?

BOTH (in my UNprofessional opinion)!  Actually, it looks to me like
dromaeosaurs could have evolved from Archaeopteryx (this is off of the
subject, but its odd that the body types of Velociraptor and Deinonychus are
so similar, and yet their skulls are comparitively quite different).  Perhaps
dromaeosaurs and other dinos, as well as birds, evolved from Archaeopteryx.
 Dromaeosaurs probably either evolved from birds or evolved into birds, or
probably even both!