Re: Archaeopteryx or Velociraptor (I'm back...)...

Dinogeorge wrote:

> Too many compsognathid-like dinosaurs (Sinosauropteryx, unnamed Italian
>form) are turning up with three-digit forelimbs, making it more likely that
>these digits are just missing from the specimens, not absent from the animal.

How safe is this assumption? I have restored Sinosauropteryx (see my
webpage) with two fingers following the traditional restoration of
Compsognathus and after studying the original specimen photographed in
Audubon (which has a jumble of bones where the hands should be and its
impossible to discern if there are more thatn two fingers). Is there any
other more complete specimen(s) that I haven't checked?

Luis Rey

Visit my website http://www.ndirect.co.uk/~luisrey