triceratops question

The "circle the wagons" behavior is common among goats (as in dairy goats).
If they find themselves in a situation where they feel uncomfortable (open
fields or unfamiliar terrain), they will form a circle and sleep with their
heads facing out. Our dairy goats were always de-horned (for their own
protection in close quarters). But in the wild, when they would have horns,
this behavior would have allowed them to defend the herd and their young
from all sides. So such behavior by a triceratops sounds like a logical
conclusion. Much of how we think dinosaurs acted comes from observations
about today's animals.
Ellen Sue Blakey, Wyoming Dinosaur Center, Thermopolis, Wyoming
======
Ellen Sue Blakey
phone: 307/864-3391             fax: 307/864-3882
email: ellensb@trib.com
snailmail: Rt. 3 Box 209, Thermopolis, Wyoming 82443 USA