Re: Sereno's paper & uncinate processes

   It looks to me as if the Velociraptor uncinates actually go over
several ribs, at least last time I looked. Then again you always have to
take into account that the Mongolian stuff is not without some crushing so
maybe if the rib cage were more expanded their upper ends would only touch
one pair of ribs. If the things are elongate and not just crossing one rib
dorsally (does anyone know if this is just my imagination) this would seem
a little unusual, tho it is typical of loons and hesperornis and penguins
to have greatly elongate uncinates. Also GSP mentions somewhere in
Predatory dinosaurs that one of the illustrations in Ostrom's Deinonychus
monograph is an uncinate.