ARCTOMET FIGURE PROBLEMS

Looking at ornithomimid metatarsi the other day, I encountered what appears to
be a labelling mistake in Weish-Dod-Os.

It concerns what is supposed to be the pes of _Dromiceiomimus brevitertius_
(Fig. 8.3 E and F) on p. 231. The metatarsi are not arctometatarsalian in the
figure, there is a digit I, and the entire structure is more robust than would
be expected for an ornithomimid (even _Harpymimus_ is markedly more gracile and
other taxa, e.g. _Ornithomimus velox_, are even more so). So the figure is
almost certainly not of a derived ornithomimid as it is supposed to be (my best
guess is that it is actually from an oviraptorosaur).

I recall this being mentioned on the list some time ago, but I have not been
able to find it in the archives. Am I correct, and if so what is the true
identification of the pes in Fig. 8.3? And is the true pes of _Dromiceiomimus_
figured elsewhere in the volume? Thanks for help.

"You're under arrest for being waaay too sexy, babe... and I'm afraid the
penalty is a stiff one"

The countdown continues: 22

DARREN NAISH