Re: Warm-blooded debate

In a message dated 97-07-11 01:07:01 EDT, dwlewis@rmii.com (Douglas W. Lewis)
writes:

<< I just wanted to quickly say that I don't believe that they "can't be
 proved" to be endothermic or
 ectothermic. >>

Well, you better believe it--or else find a way to >directly< measure the
body temperatures of animals that have been extinct for at least 65 million
years. Without a direct measurement of body temperature somewhere along the
line, you cannot tell whether any theory that purports to connect body
temperature or metabolism with other features, such as oxygen-isotope ratios,
predator-prey ratios, erect gait, phylogenetic bracket, and so forth, is
valid for dinosaurs.