Re: Horner Talks

I'm sorry to hear Mr. Rey had some problems with Jack Horner's British Museum
talks. I would urge everyone on thus list to read Horner's new book, DINOSAUR
LIVES, published by Harper Collins.I have found it to be one the the most
compelling dinosaur books I've encountered in a long time. It's a little thin
in the illustration department, which may turn off a lot of enthusiasts, but
from the perspective of active fieldwork and Horner's thoughtful
investigation of a rich series of sites, the book is very rewarding- I think
his best to date. It is an excellent guide for any students considering
vertebrate paleontology as a profession and the book's Afterword will go a
long way towards those same students actually having that career. I'm
surprised at the lack of discussion here about it.