Re: Horner Talks

. I would urge everyone on thus list to read Horner's new book, DINOSAUR
>LIVES, published by Harper Collins.I have found it to be one the the most
>compelling dinosaur books I've encountered in a long time.

Concur.  It makes up the third of a trio of good popular dino books this
season.  One is Walter Alvarez' _T. rex and the Crater of Doom_, which sums
up the bolide impact extinction case.  Another is Charles Officer's _The
Great Dinosaur Extinction Controversy_, which lays out the case against it.
And Horner's book has a few pages alluding to the middle road, accepting
the bolide impact but not buying its causal relation to the dinosaur's
extinction.

bruce

        "Dammit, Philbert; what kind of a lepidopterist are you?  For god's
sake,
man; stand up to them!"