Re: Dino sex

On Wed, 16 Jul 1997 08:32:23 +1000 Dann Pigdon <dannj@alphalink.com.au>
writes:
>farlow@CVAX.IPFW.INDIANA.EDU wrote:
>>
>> All I know is that Stegosaurus sex must have been interesting to
>watch.
>
>This brings to mind another thought. Depending on the exact position
>adopted, the plates of stegosaurs may have been a hinderance.
>Porcupines have muscular control of their spines, allowing them to
>flatten them to anable mating to take place. Could mobile stegosaur
>plates, as has been suggested previously, have solved this problem?

Could there been a side-by-side position that would 've worked?  Wasn't
it Dr. Bob that argued that the tail was flexible enough for the
Stegosaurus to rear up in a tripod stance?  If this is so, could a female
stay on all fours and raise her tail to accommodate a male standing
beside her?  Or behind her cross ways?

There's an interesting sight to contemplate!

Judy Molnar
vlmed@juno.com
jamolnar@juno.com