Re: BASAL PARAVIAN TAXONOMY

In a message dated 97-07-18 12:29:27 EDT, Tetanurae@AOL.COM writes:

<< The flying raptor is a volant theropod.  I would place it in an unresolved
 trichotemy with Archaeopteryx and all other birds at the base of the
Avialae. >>

>From what I saw of the remains, it's not just a volant theropod but a volant
deinonychosaur--the existence of which is predicted by BCF. I think one can
safely group it with Dromaeosauridae below _Archaeopteryx_ as descended from
the volant common ancestor of deinonychosaurs and birds.