Re: Information from Sciencescan

> LEARN ABOUT DILOPHOSAURUS
> Come on a guided tour of Dilophosaurus ! This tour is
> narrated by the discoverer of Dilophosaurus, Sam Welles,
> Professor Emeritus at the University of California Museum of
> Paleontology (UCMP). Examine this double crested early
> Jurassic carniverous dinosaur and learn the difference
> between its reality and it virtual cousin that appear in Jurassic
> Park.   Go to http://www.ucmp.berkeley.edu/dilophosaur/intro.html
> to learn more about this dinosaur.

Hey all, definitely worth the trip. VERY fascinating, but it raises a
question that I find thought provoking.  In the words of Sam Welles
Dilophosaurus had a manus with  4 digits, one vestigal (smallest) and
one that apparantly was opposing.

1st Question:  I am assuming they speculate, or know, it was opposing
by how it attaches the the skeleton's wrist?

2nd Question:  If it had an opposable (digit) (which of course is
often referred to as one reason primates were so successful
evolutionarily) was Dilophosaurus a tool user?

Patti