Re: Dino sex and therm tally rant (and feather origins thrown in)

>> Yes.  Turtles, snakes, lizards, etc have rubbery-shelled eggs.  Frogs
>> have shell-less eggs.  Are there fossil turtle eggs?

        Yes. I know that they are common in the Oligocene Brule Formation of
South Dakota (?). I have actually CAT scanned a few of them. No embryos in
my specimens. I see no reason why rubbery-shelled eggs would not fossilize
(and they do). If a thin leaf or a delicate flower petal can be preserved
(as they often are), then by Jupiter so can a thick, soft-shelled egg.

Sam