Re: dinosaur: the encyclopedia

In a message dated 97-07-25 22:52:57 EDT, sarima@ix.netcom.com (Stanley
Friesen) writes:

<< Ouch.  I am planning to add specimen numbers to my Web site.  It would
have
 been nice to have a reliable source for them.  (I will not always be able
 to access the original literature). >>

The trick is to find the same specimen number for a particular specimen in
two or three different (and therefore, one hopes, independent) sources. That
is, >if< you cannot access the primary literature itself.

Mistyped numbers don't happen often in Don's book (less frequently than
misspelled names!), but they do happen. To check them all would be a
horrendous project.