Dunkleosteus length

Dunn1@IDT.net wrote:

<This leads to a question I've asked before but never got a reply to:
Wiccart's model will be 1/35th scale and assumes D. reached lengths
of 30' or more.  They are modeling it on the more traditional
rendition of D. rather than the new sharklike trend (there's a
picture of this on the Wiccart website in case you're interested).
Is this length estimate in line with the current thinking of those
who disagree with the shark body-form?  Should he say it's 1/12th
scale instead?  Length estimates I've seen recently all top out at
about 16' but they assume the more compact sharklike form.>

I read once that the known maximum length for D. was 40', but the
book was so old they called him Dinicthys.  Sorry if this is off-topic
and should have gone through private e-mail.

Jeremy Frost

"If you love your foot, die for it."