Bird Evolution

Hi everybody,

I'm trying to come up with a sort of chain for the evolution of modern
birds. I would like as many people on this list as possible to send me
their idea. I would like it to be written in a way similar to this:

*This animal* evolved into *that animal* evolved into *another animal*
evolved into modern birds.

Please make sure it is chronological - e.g. Early Cretaceous cannot come
before Late Jurassic. Please start no farther back in time than the
origin of dinosaurs. I would like to get as many opinions as possible.
Please send me yours!
Thanks,

-Grant

--
Grant Harding
Lover of all dinosaurs from Abelisaurus comahuensis