Oviraptor and feathered Ornithischians

    Greetings all,

        I just got the Jan.-Feb. issue of _Prehistoric Times_ (an
excellent magazine, I recomend it to all you dino-philes who don't
worship at it's alter already:-), and it raised a few
questions/observations in me that I want to run by you all...

        While talking about the brooding Oviraptor find, they
reminded me of a point that had been bugging me ever since they found
the thing. A lot of the publicity and comments surrounding it have
said how it "may not deserve it's egg robber reputation" just because
it looks after its own eggs... I was under the impression that it
wasn't just the fact that it was found on a pile of eggs that gave
credence to it's possible diet, but that there were several other
characteristics, the least of which was it's mouth structure, that
supported the opertunistic egg-eating hypothesis. Considering that
probably any and every small theropod may have eaten eggs should they
become available, why suddenly make Oviraptor a saint (:-) because of
this one find? Or am I just out to lunch again?

        In the Bob Bakker interview, he mentioned possible preserved
ornithischian skin with feather imprints, discovered by Rev.Edward
Hitchcock... What's up with this? He sounded pretty sure of it, but
I've never heard anything about this before, and one would think that
if it was what he said it was, we would have heard more of it.

        In an unrelated point, I'm still looking for links to
web-sites related to:

        Alberta palaeontology, and
        amateur/avocational palaeontology

For the Alberta Palaeontological Society web page
( http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/9094/aps.html ). Thanks to all those
who have responded already!

        Anyhoo, take care all, and thanks in advance to anybody who
can sedate my curiousity...

Cory

*******light a candle for my sins and burn me to the ground********
*         Cory Gross         *     the Text of Palaeogothica      *
* gros4891@adc.mtroyal.ab.ca * http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/9094 *
   *Alberta Palaeontological Society*Science Alberta Foundation*
       *U2*Christian Death*Bauhaus*Switchblade Symphony*NIN*
                     *ThE mINd Is mY PlaYPeN*