Mongolia Expedition

All;

        I invite you to join me next August 17 -Sept. 2, 1997 to follow
in the footsteps of Roy Chapman Andrews on a dinosaur expedition into
Mongolia's Gobi Desert. We will be working in the Gobi at the invitation
of the Mongolian Academy of Sciences in Ulaanbaatar, where all the
fossils we collect will be deposited.

        Last year we excavated the first hadrosaurs ever found in the
flaming cliffs area (juveniles), Oviraptor eggs, a new varanid lizard,
ankylosaurs, a Veloceraptor, a new mammal, and more Protoceratops skulls
and skeletons than you could count. Thirty eight plaster jackets in
eight days. We will will be excavating in the area of Bayan Zag,
otherwise known as the Flaming Cliffs, and at Tugrigiin Shiree, the site
where the famous fighting dinosaurs was found, bothin the Campanian
Djadokhta Formation.

        We will be spending time at the beginning and end of
the trip at Mongollian Museum of Natural History, where we
will be able to see the exihibits and back room collections. Dr. Reiken
Barsbold will also show us his most recent treasures. Additionally we
will be visiting the Hustain Nuruu National Reserve to see Przewalski's
Horse and will explore Yol Valley National Park to observe lammergeiers,
Altai snowcocks, ibex, yaks, and Argali mountain sheep. We will be
staying in hotels, traditional gers, and tents. with all supplies
provided. The trip is being organized for Dinamation by Nomadic
Expeditions at 1 (800) 998-6634.

        The price for the entire expedition is $5850.00 based on double
occupancy and includes round-trip airfare from Los Angeles to Mongolia
and all expences once there. For a brochure with detailed information on
this exciting opportunity call 1 (800) 344-3466.

        This is surely going to our most productive expedition ever and
I'm looking forward to you joining me in Mongolia.

Jim Kirkland
Dinamation Int'l Society
550 Jurassic Court
Fruita, Colorado 81521