Dinosaur Tour with Dale Russell

Dear All,

I am posting the following tour information as a favor for Dr. Dale Russell:
________________________

NORTH CAROLINA STATE MUSEUM OF NATURAL SCIENCES

IN THE TIME OF THE DINOSAURS
June 24 - June 30, 1997

With paleontologist Dale Russell as your guide, visit two classical dinosaur
fossil fields near the Rocky Mountains.  Dinosaur National Monument in Utah
marks the site of the greatest Jurassic dinosaur locality ever discovered,
including many familiar dinosaurs such as _Allosaurus_, _Diplodocus_, and
_Stegosaurus_.  In Alberta, Canada we will visit Dinosaur Provincial Park and
participate in a dinosaur dig sponsored by the world famous Royal Tyrrell
Museum of Paleontology.  Dinosaur Provincial Park has been designated a World
Heritage Site by the United Nations in recognition of the high concentration
of fossils from the Cretaceous period.

Workshop cost:  $1330.  Applications due:  March 26, 1997.
Credit:  Recommended for 5 CEU credits.  Teachers seeking renewal credit must
have prior approval from their school district.

For more information and itinerary of the tour, please contact Barbara Beaman
at NC Museum of Natural Sciences, PO Box 29555, Raleigh, NC 27626-0555.
 (919) 733-7450, ext. 43.  FAX (919) 733-7450.

Mary Kirkaldy
mkirkaldy@aol.com