Re: making my web page

Jeff Poling writes;

>Some museums restrict or even outright forbid the taking of photographs.  I've
>heard rumors of museums going so far to complain loudly and mightily, if not
>prosecute, over published photographs.  I wonder if a photograph of a
>mounted specimen could be considered a derivitate work?  Fair Use would
>still apply, but I wonder if there's any case law on this matter.

To stretch this question even further, how does the current copyright law
relate
to classroom-lecture slide presentations (also include oral reports at
professional meetings)?  I know many professors who use book illustrations and
drawings to emphasise the points that are being made; could this be interpreted
as an illegal activity?  I wish to know, so that when I find myself presenting
material in a classroom setting, I can be aware of the limits involved.

Rob Meyerson
Orphan Vertebrate Paleontologist

***
When the going gets wierd, the wierd turn pro.