Re: What is publishing?

I *really* don't want to egg this thread on, since I agree with Lisa's
feeling that the thread has run its course as far as it should, but I
do have a slight concern about one thing Lisa wrote:

> I am using a miniscule portion of a reference book and, more
> importantly, I am not publishing it since this is a private forum.

I think you could argue that this is *not* a private forum because
messages to this list are stored in publicly accessible archives.
I've just noticed that I neglected to state in the welcome message
that the list archives are available at the Cleveland Museum of
Natural history's web pages:

http://www.cmnh.org/fun/dinosaur-archive/

I'll have to add that to the welcome message to make sure people can't
complain that they weren't told.  In any case, sending something to
this mailing list is essentially equivalent to placing it on a web
page since the list's content ends up on the web.

--
Mickey Rowe     (mrowe@indiana.edu)