It's really 1860 folks!!

   I have received yet another "even Charles Darwin acknowledged the lack of
transitional forms in the fossil record" e-mail.  Frankly, I'm sick of
shooting this down constantly and would like to publish an article on the topic.

   Does anybody know if there's a published reference to how much, or what
per centage, of the fossil record has been discovered between Darwin's death
in 1882 and 1997 (or recent year)?

   Any good reference on whether Darwin truly "acknowledged" this?