FEDUCCIA'S "PILT-DOWN DINOSAUR"

Another thing I noticed from the Audubon article is a quote that Alan
Feduccia said:

"I've studied enlarged photos of that thing, and I'll tell you this, those
aren't feathers."  Alluding to a fraudulamt human fossil, he adds, "I call it
the Pilt-*down* dinosaur."

Question.  Is Feduccia just trying to be clever in his way of handling this
matter (like when he claimed _Sinosauropteryx_ was the 'cold fusion' of
paleontology) or is he really, openly accusing the Chinese workers of fraud?

Peter Buchholz
Tetanurae@aol.com

"Kissing . . . is a goodness," he explained.  "It beats the hell out of card
games."