Re: Dinosaur Web Pages' Re-Opening

In a message dated 97-03-10 12:53:22 EST, znc14@ttacs1.ttu.edu (Jonathan R.
Wagner) writes:

<<  The lower jaw of _Erlicosaurus_ is similar to that of _Harpymimus_,
 as P. Buckholz [sic? sorry Pete] has pointed out.

 >teeth
         These teeth are possibly just as similar to those of _Mononykus_ and
 _Pelecanomimus_ as they are to your "phytodinosauria". >>

It's not just "my" Phytodinosauria; it's Bakker's Phytodinosauria, as well as
the slightly earlier Michael Cooper's Ornithischiformes.

And--just note also how >similar< the rest of the segnosaur skeleton is to
that of ornithomimids and _Mononykus_. Why, the feet are virtually identical,
differing only in such minor features as toe count, metatarsal conformation,
and tarsal count! As are the pelves, the forelimbs, the hind limbs, and the
skulls! Indeed, we might characterize a "dinosaur cladist" as an individual
who cannot distinguish a segnosaur from an ornithomimid.