Re: Stratigraphy

At 07:16 PM 3/11/97 -0500, you wrote:
>Does anyone know of any publications regarding documented dinosaur material
>found above the KT boundary, I'm not referring to any reworked lag deposit but
>a well defined stratigraphy above the KT boundary?

If you mean "dinosaur", then there is plenty of material.  In fact, I had
some roasted chicken last Saturday.  (No smiley emoticon needed).

If you mean "non-avian dinosaur", then no: there has yet to be a documented
case of unquestionable Cenozoic non-avian dinosaur.  The skeletal material I
have heard of is all isolated bits within channel deposits; the Chinese
footprints are still stratigraphically below some Paleogene mammal fossils
(only 1 m or so below, but in terrestrial sediments, a great amount of time
might be represented by that meter).

Thomas R. Holtz, Jr.
College Park, MD  20742       Fax:  301-314-9661