Question re: "inherited" lab equipment

         Our museum is in the process of completing its paleontology lab.
The building before renovation was a doctor's office and when we took
possession, we "inherited" a lot of "cool" stuff, but we, a couple of
ignorant avocationists who got stuck with the job of organizing, aren't
sure which items could possibly be of use in a paleo lab. Some is
"antique-ey", and others are fairly modern (maybe 6-8 years old or less)
         Items we "inherited" include several boxes of carbon paper and
copysets, 3 bottles of fountain pen ink (one of the bottles has a price
of 29 cents!), two reel-to-reel tape recorders, hundreds of test tubes
with stoppers or caps, large glass syringes and needles (we thought these
could be used to inject stabilizer into cracked bone?) test tube stands,
capillary tubes, pipettes in various shapes, sizes and calibrations,
beakers and flasks, glass apothecary bottles, petrie dishes and canister
for holding same, glass and plastic funnels, glass beads for mixing or
breaking up material, microscope slides and at least 1000 coverslips
(glass or plastic), a floating thermometer, several boxes of paper
filters, an "ECG mounter" (whatever that is?), an air scribe (I think
we've figured out what to do with that one <G>!), various padded
cardboard mailing tubes with screw-on caps, and we still haven't finished
digging! I think we might have a centrifuge, a diopter (I think that's
what it is - for vision testing) a possible Bunsen burner and other
medical lab equipment as well. We found a number of specimen bottles with
the reagent (?) in them, and immediately consigned them to "hazardous
waste".
          We know the microscope stuff could be used for micro-paleo or
palynological work, and the copysets and carbon paper could be used for
making duplicate copies of notes in the field or whatever. (One of our
teen members thinks it's "cool" that we can make copies without a copy
machine!) We could probably use the test tubes for holding solvent etc at
the work stations and the flasks, beakers and bottles for mixing
chemicals. Should we just give up on the rest of the stuff and turn it
over to museum collections, or have a garage sale? <G> We didn't want to
get rid of something that we might find useful in the future, and there
is room to store it, but neither do we want to keep something that is
just taking up space.
           All suggestions, comments and ideas are gratefully welcomed.
Thanks in advance!

           Debra Boaz
           Southwest Paleontological Society
           Mesa Southwest Museum