Feduccia's heresies?

Hey gang, perhaps we have misunderstood Feduccia. I found this in the World
Book Encyclopeadia CD Rom:

"ARCHAEOPTERYX, pronounced ahr kee AHP tuhr ihks, is the name of a genus
(group) of feathered animals that lived about 140 million years ago, during
the late Jurassic Period.  These crow-sized creatures had a reptilelike
skeleton closely
 resembling that of a small dinosaur.  However, they also had fully developed
 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
 feathers and birdlike wings.  As a result, most scientists classify
 Archaeopteryx as birds.  The first Archaeopteryx fossils were found during
the 1860's in Bavaria, a state in Germany.  They provided the first solid
evidence that birds descended from reptiles.

Unlike modern birds, Archaeopteryx had teeth, a long, reptilelike tail
lined with feathers, and three "fingers" with claws on its wings.
Scientists believe that the animal used its claws to climb trees.
Archaeopteryx was most likely an excellent glider and could probably fly,
though scientists do not know how well.  The word Archaeopteryx is Greek
for ancient wing.

Contributor: Alan Feduccia"

Cheers, Paul

Dr Paul M.A. Willis