Curved teeth in T rex

I noticed in viewing a photograph of T rex that its teeth had a slight posterior
curvature.  I have had the impression that the conventional wisdom on the
function of teeth of this structure was that they enhanced the grip of the jaws
when they clamped down on the prey.  Is this correct?

If it is, can the mere curvature of the teeth be used as evidence against a
primarily scavenging lifestyle for T rex?