Re: Audobon bird/dino article

[Feduccia] includes animals in his arguments against a close bird/dino
>relationship that we HAVE NO FOSSIL EVIDENCE FOR as gospel scientific
>proof for an argument.
>            "Well, any engineer will tell you that's aerodynamically
>impossible.  In every group of
>             animals that flies or glides-BATS, frogs, snakes,
>squirrels-it's evolved from the trees down."
>a)What possible evidence does he have for bat origins?  Everything we
>have that's been identified as a fossil bat is because it has batwings
>and already flies.  WE HAVE NO FOSSIL RECORD FOR WHERE BATS COME FROM AT
>ALL.

>b)Frogs didn't start in the trees.

        Surely this is a semantical objection.  Ultimately, nothing
"started" in trees.

bruce

        Remove SPAMKILLER from return address to reply.

        "Dammit, Philbert; what kind of a lepidopterist are you?  For god's
sake,
man; stand up to them!"