Re: Audobon bird/dino article

In a message dated 97-03-17 18:39:05 EST, znc14@ttacs1.ttu.edu (Jonathan R.
Wagner) writes:

<< >2) the "chickadee-size enantiornithine from China"
         This is _Confuciusornis_. In their recent article, Hou, Zhou, Martin
 and Feduccia refer _Confuciusornis_ to the Enantiornithines. In the absence
 of a clear phylogenetic analysis using modern techniques(see my pervious
 posting on this paper, reproduced on my web page), this should be taken with
 a grain of salt.  I do not, however, know of any evidence that _C._ is not
 an enantiornithine. >>

_Confuciusornis_ is quite a bit larger than chickadee-size. I've examined
specimens that are crow-size, which is typical. The chickadee-size
enantiornithine referred to here is probably the as-yet-undescribed
_Liaoningornis_.