Good Mother Dinosaurs

Hello,
  I'm new to the list so forgive me if I retread old ground.  I read through
the recent articles in your archives about Good Mother Dinosaurs and didn't
see this issue addressed.  My prof says the debate is revolving around wear
patterns on the baby dino's teeth.  He said Horner pointed to this as proof
the babies were being feed by parents (good mother dinosaurs) because they
were still in the nest and had wear patterns.  Later, other scientists said
the wear patterns were caused by baby dinosaurs grinding their teeth while
still inside the eggs.  My question is why can't they use experimental
archaeology on the teeth to determine the cause of the wear patterns?

Melissa

I lust for the future, but treasure the past.
                                     - Jimmy Buffett