reference

     Hey, folks, I just ran across a paper that others might also find
     interesting:

     Murray E. Fowler.  1991.  Comparative clinical anatomy of ratites.
     Journal of Zoo and Wildlife Medicine  22(2): 204-227.

     It has some skeletal drawings and bone measurements, as well as some
     really fun line drawings showing the arrangement of the guts of the
     ostrich as arranged in situ in the bird's body.  The paper has
     discussions of the ratite digestive system, respiratory system,
     reproductive system (including rather more than I cared to know about
     ratite phalluses...), etc.

     There might be some stuff in this paper that dinosaur artists in
     particular would find useful.