Re: Theory of Non-Avian Dino Extinction

>At 09:14 AM 3/21/97 -0500, Michael wrote:
>>Do you think that temperatures would have been cold enough to
>>pressure dinosaurs to need to hibernate.  Without the pressure of a
>>climate making those kinds of demands would nature select for
>>hibernation behavior?
>
>On the North Slope of Alaska? Yes, it was cold enough.  And ditto for parts
>of Australia.

        But were those regions very cold back then?  I have heard of
dinosaur fossils found in the arctic.  But I have also heard of Mesozoic
palm tree fossils found there, too.

bruce

        Remove SPAMKILLER from return address to reply.

        "Dammit, Philbert; what kind of a lepidopterist are you?  For god's
sake,
man; stand up to them!"