Re: Emu and ostrich egglaying

At 06:27 PM 3/24/97 -0500, you wrote:

>What is the weather in Apr-Jun in Australia?  I'm assuming hot  in
>the Nothern Territories, because I wonder why they would nest in the
>winter.

        The weather is fall, going into winter. The eggs take about two and
a half months to hatch. The weather would be getting more spring-like by
then. I read that the temps don't get below freezing very often and Emu's
are very hardy birds. (Don't forget the male continues to be the sole
caregiver even after they hatch.)

ZooLady