Re: Subject: Bird hibernation/torpor

On Fri, 28 Mar 1997, Bettyc wrote:
>  We won't know WHY
> till more evidence presence itself.  AND there was no grass for the
> ENTIRE PREHISTORY OF DINOSAURS-all 200 million years of it.  So it's
> absence is not a reason to become exinct in a given area.

No.  I am arguing against the notion that ostriches falsify my idea
because they are big, non-stealthy egg layers.  They survive (I argue)
because of grass (in fact, it makes them stealthy).  I also argue that
dinos might not have gone out if there had  been grass.  As you say, none
of this relates to causation of dinosaur extinction because grass did not
exist back then.